Raycom Media stations have been recognized with a total of 23 Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards from The Radio Television Digital News Association for outstanding achievements in electronic journalism.
Three stations are recipients of the 2018 RTDNA Regional Murrow Award for Overall Excellence:
Hawaii News Now (KGMB & KHNL/Honolulu, HI), WVUE/New Orleans, LA and WWBT/Richmond, VA.
A total of seven Raycom Media stations were honored:
- Hawaii News Now (KGMB & KHNL/Honolulu, HI): Overall Excellence, Feature Reporting and News Documentary.
- KXXV-TV/Waco, TX: News Documentary.
- WIS-TV/Columbia, SC: Continuing Coverage.
- WAVE-TV/Louisville, KY: Excellence in Video, Feature Reporting and Sports Reporting.
- WVUE-TV/New Orleans, LA: Overall Excellence, Continuing Coverage, Excellence in Innovation, Excellence in Writing, Hard News, Investigative Reporting, News Documentary, and News Series.
- WAFB-TV/Baton Rouge, LA: Excellence in Sound, Excellence in Video, Feature Reporting and Newscast.
- WWBT/Richmond, VA: Overall Excellence, Breaking News Coverage and Excellence in Social Media.
“The body of work by these stations exemplifies Raycom Media’s dedication to producing the gold standard in journalism,” said Raycom Media President and CEO Pat LaPlatney. “We are proud of the work they do every day and excited to see their work recognized by their peers.”
“The Investigative and Breaking News awards speak to Raycom Media’s commitment to journalism that affect our audiences in timely and meaningful ways,” stated Steven Ackermann, Raycom Media Vice President of News.
“The scope of these awards recognizes the outstanding storytelling done by these individuals and the examples they set for all of their Raycom Media colleagues.”
National winners will be announced in June.
VP Marketing/Audience Development
Raycom Media, an employee-owned company, is one of the nation’s largest privately-owned local media companies and owns and/or provides services for 65 television stations and 2 radio stations in 44 markets located in 20 states. Raycom Media owns or provides services for stations covering 16% of U.S. television households and employs over 8,300 individuals in full and part-time positions. In addition to television stations, Raycom Media is the parent company of CNHI (community newspapers and information products; over 100 titles located in 23 states), PureCars (digital ad platform for the automotive industry), Raycom Sports (a marketing, production and events management and distribution company), Tupelo Raycom (sports and entertainment production company), RTM Productions (automotive programming production and marketing solutions company) and Broadview Media (a post- production/digital signage company). Raycom Media is headquartered in Montgomery, Alabama.